Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Compare/Contrast with other games?
05-07-2014, 03:41 AM
RE: Compare/Contrast with other games?
Hi Brasidas,

I would sign the points Canvaschicken wrote.

I'm into the series and rules for 4 weeks now and played two ftf games in that time (basic rules without the advanced or optional rules). Currently I learn the Advanced/Optional rules.

What me really wonders is, how easy I learned the system and how fluently you can play and can concentrate on your maneuvers instead of the rules. One really big aspect is the "PY Chart" where you measure distances and angles to your enemy and how much HFP/VFP you must use. You can see this chart and some examples on the Homepage.

I also play the Fighting Wings series too, so I'm familiar with boardgame flight sims and that also speeds up the learning process. Another good point in this system is the good tutorial book and the various examples in the rulebook. For nearly every point you find an detailed example, that really helped me a lot!

If I must compare this system with the FW system, I would say that Warbirds has the better rules (more detail but simpler to use) and the better and more realistic flight model. (banking, vertical turning, thrust and drag etc.)

The plus for FW is that you have more content in form of ADC's/Scenarios.

Cheers,

Luppas
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Compare/Contrast with other games? - Luppas - 05-07-2014 03:41 AM