• 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2014, 09:49 AM
Py Table
Hi Guys

My last question of the day, I promise Smile

A/c has 5FP Move to use
At 30 degrees C/D two of the six options on the Py Table for a 5 FP Move are:
1. 250 feet of altitude and 5HFP
2. But at 200 feet of altitude the max HFP is 4 (4HFP/1VFP)

Can someone explain to me how an a/c with 5FP Move can fly FURTHER horizontally when it's climbing higher/steeper? This doesn't seem to follow the hypotenuse model?

Am I missing something? Please bear in mind that I am neither a physicist, mathematician or engineer. Just a simple historian ;-)

Cheers

Drew
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2014, 10:13 AM
RE: Py Table
Hi Drew,

With a FP Move of 5 only the boxes with a "5" may be chosen in the nose arc, in this case 30 degree. I think you are using the "5" column with 4 FP Move. All the "4" boxes in the 200 ft line all the Horizontal FPs are equal to or less than 4, the allowable HFPs are 3H or 4H. The number of vertical flight points are determined by

VFPs = FP Move - HFP.

In (2) above the aircraft has 4 HFPs and may not use any boxes with a "5".

Does this help or is more information needed? Wink

Cheers,

Steve
05-11-2014, 10:24 AM
(05-11-2014 10:13 AM)admin Wrote:  Hi Drew,

With a FP Move of 5 only the boxes with a "5" may be chosen in the nose arc, in this case 30 degree. I think you are using the "5" column with 4 FP Move. All the "4" boxes in the 200 ft line all the Horizontal FPs are equal to or less than 4, the allowable HFPs are 3H or 4H. The number of vertical flight points are determined by

VFPs = FP Move - HFP.

In (2) above the aircraft has 4 HFPs and may not use any boxes with a "5".

Does this help or is more information needed? Wink

Cheers,

Steve
Hi Steve

Thanks for the reply

I think you have misinterpreted my question. That's the problem with the internet. It's harder sometimes to explain it than face to face

My query is with a 5FP move the aircraft can fly 5HFP and gain or lose 250 feet, but if the a/c only gains or loses 200 feet it can only travel 4 HFP

How can an aircraft that is climbing or diving further, and therefore steeper, travel further horizontally than the same aircraft climbing or diving 50 feet less

I hope what I am trying to describe makes sense to you?

Cheers

Drew
05-11-2014, 12:54 PM
Hi Drew,

I understand about the internet not being easy for questions and explanations. We'' keep at it until I get it ;-)

I see the point on the Py-Table you are referring to. Looks like a typo and the "4" should be a 5, the altitude change of 50 ft should make the adjacent leg (on the x axis) shorter. I will post an errata on this and an updated Py-Table. There are a lot of entries to check ;-)

Cheers,

Steve