Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
optional Rule 30.9 Burst Limitations
05-16-2014, 12:36 PM
optional Rule 30.9 Burst Limitations
Hi Steve,

under this rule it says a short burst for ¼ move or less and a normal burst for ½ move or greater. What about 1/3 of a move ?

cheers

Ross
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-2014, 03:58 PM
RE: optional Rule 30.9 Burst Limitations
Hi Ross,

A long bust is 4 seconds in duration, a normal burst is 2 seconds in duration and a short burst is 1 seconds. Each game turn is 4.5 seconds so the time for a short burst would be ¼ of 4.5 seconds and would take ¼ of the FP Move. It is a way of equating time and distance.

Cheers,

Steve
05-17-2014, 05:17 AM
(05-16-2014 03:58 PM)admin Wrote:  Hi Ross,

A long bust is 4 seconds in duration, a normal burst is 2 seconds in duration and a short burst is 1 seconds. Each game turn is 4.5 seconds so the time for a short burst would be ¼ of 4.5 seconds and would take ¼ of the FP Move. It is a way of equating time and distance.

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Steve,

I think that you may have misunderstood my question.

The question was - 1/3 lies between 1/4 and 1/2 but the rules describe what happens <=1/4 and >= 1/2 but not the bit in between.

what happens at 1/3 of a move?

Ross
05-17-2014, 10:08 AM
Hi Ross,

Nothing in particular for shooting Smile If you use 1/4 (since it is the minimum) to 1/3 of the FPMove you meet the short burst requirement, once you hit 1/2 you may use a Normal burst and all the FP Move you get the Long, gun jamming burst. The 1/3 gets on special treatment since it does not fit the burst duration.

Hope I answered it, if not please let me know and I'll give it another go Wink

Cheers,

Steve